Fillable Business Forms
If a document is saved as a PDF file, i.e. in portable document format, you can make changes to enter data directly into the PDF document. This is called a PDF form to fill out or a business form to fill out.
Creating a business form to fill out is easy if you have a PDF editor like Adobe Acrobat.
Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro is a program needed to create a business form to complete and is often accompanied by business-oriented models.
If you’re thinking of creating a business form yourself to complete, please follow the step-by-step instructions below to create this perfect form to fill out.
- The first step would be to click START FORM WIZARD. You can get this option in the FORMED menu of the top bar of Adobe Acrobat 9.
- Then you have to select the file you’re going to work on. If you intend to create a new form, click CREATE, or select the FORM MODIFIER. The options available are the existing document, the paper form and no existing documents.
- Select No Existing Form to start Adobe Livecycle Designer software.
- The next step is to select Based on a model in the New Form Assistant area.
- You must now enter all important information such as company name, company logo, address and contact information in the Adobe designer model.
- Once you enter the required date, you’ll see the new generated form open in design mode.
- This is where you start customizing your PDF form by clicking on the objects you want to insert into the form. Choose from the object library in the bottom right corner of the screen. It will give you a myriad of field type options to select for your business form. When you select an object to insert, your cursor turns into a more sign with an image of the object.
- Keep the cursor in the area where you want to place the object. Now, make a left click and hold the mouse to drag the box to a size of your choice.
- After placing the objects in the desired areas, customize the object tags with names if you wish.
- Your business form is now ready. All you have to do is go to the PDF Preview tab at the top of the page. Here you can see the final product.
- If you are satisfied with what you have created, save the document.
- If you want Adobe to distribute the form, select the option. This option allows anyone with Adobe Reader to open the business form to complete, enter data and save the form.
- You can also use electronic signatures on your business forms to fill out using Adobe Acrobat.
The PDF files to be filled are generated from existing Word files, PDF documents and Excel documents. The usefulness of using PDF forms to fill out in invoices, timesheets and when taking orders is unprecedented.